Thursday, May 28, 2015

All my life, I have been friends with a variety of people and somehow I could never be one of them, partially relating to some part of them, that too, for sometime often branching into something else, later on, as witnessed when we met again after a spread of a couple of years.

Recently I turned 40. Recently on a southwest flight from Atlanta, GA to back home, I read an article about Taylor Swift, about her jump from country musician to pop star and how the writer mentioned she refuses a definition. That's when it smacked me right in face, the realization when I was looking at that phrase. "This is me". I too don't fit into a mold. I am also not very predictable as to what I am or what I will be in a few years. I am ever changing, but not really following any path, traversed by others. Even people close to me get surprised by me sometimes. Because when they think they have finally figured me out, I change. Perhaps, I resist being labelled, for the same reason. In my subconscious I seem to know I am not that label or will not be. I refuse definition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment