Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Climate controlled moods

If you were raised in India, like myself, you know how many songs there are on rain. The songs make your wistful and longing to go out for a long drive. But migrate to California and you just don't understand what went wrong. The songs don't make any sense now, only make your nostalgic for something you don't have and don't understand anymore.

On our recent trip to the southern states of Georgia and Tennessee, I had that 'aha' feeling. One fine early morning, when we were browsing through the Atlanta streets in Buckhead, my happiness quotient rising, my children eyeing me from time to time, giving me that look that I have gone cuckoo. They had not seen me this kind of happy in a long time. I am happy most of the times but stable happy. Not the laughing, jumping happy, if you know what I mean. Well, I was also singing the Bollywood rain songs and that was not adding much sobriety to my behavior either.

As I munched on my sudden mood elevation on our way back to Hotel, I decided it must be the city atmosphere that I might be liking. I don't get it that much living in California suburbs.

Later, when we met our fellow friends from CA, I mentioned I just love this place and it feels like I am back home. DH's friend agreed and said yeah he also loves the humidity here. Its so much like India. Here in his one line, lies the gist of my happiness.

All the rain songs in India will not be written had it had the Mediterranean or arid climate of California. Funny!!! never knew this angle to why things happen the way it does.

Humidity, I love you. Perhaps when I retire!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment